SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Experience the Power of Passion
"I retired last year after being in Business Management for over fifty years. Along the way in my career I was lucky enough to have had several mentors trained in different disciplines that helped we along the road to a successful career and life.
When I retired I wanted to do the same and give back and help people achieve their goals and deal with the ups and downs that come their way. I found out about score through a friend in North Carolina. I investigated it and joined last year. It’s a great feeling to pass on helpful ideas to new entrepreneurs and I get personal satisfaction of seeing people grow and succeed.
I recommend SCORE to all those people that have knowledge to share and pass on and they in turn can someday do the same." - SCORE Charleston SC Mentor Don Loiacano
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 11,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards. As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends