SCORE is offering cash grants and free QuickBooks training to local active or inactive/retired U.S military personal who are either in the process of, or are currently operating, a recent small business start-up. SCORE understands how difficult it is to obtain funds in starting and operating a business. As such, the purpose of this program is to help address this challenge in some small measure of recognition. To be eligible for SCORE’s grant and free QuickBooks training provided by Pathways Consulting LLC., candidates must meet all of the follow criteria:
- The applicant must have either received an honorable discharged (considered a veteran) from any branch of the U.S. armed forces or currently classified “active duty” serving in any branch of the U.S. military, or has served or is currently serving as a reservist in any branch of the U.S. military. (DD214 or active duty certification maybe required.)
- The applicant has been assigned to, and met with, a SCORE volunteer mentor by the application deadline.
- The applicant must be in the process of starting or has started his or her business sometime in the past two years.
- The business must be located within Charleston tri-county area
- Compete and submit the application to SCORE’s Charleston office address info below.
From the applications, a SCORE committee will select the finalist. If you are selected as a grant finalist through the initial review process, you will be required to provide additional information about yourself and your business. Once the final review phase has been completed the final applicants will be interviewed by a SCORE selection panel. Selection of the winner(s) will be announced once the review process has been completed.
Submit your application to:
SCORE Charleston SC
Re: SCORE - 2017 Grant Program
Attn: Julie Fekete
4045 Bridge View Drive, Suite 210
North Charleston, SC 29405
Or submit via email to: email@example.com
For more information contact: Allyn Graham (843-442-5558)
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2017