SCORE Charleston, SC, in partnership with Truist, is pleased to announce our new grant program in support of our Minority and Women’s Small Business Initiative. This program targets women and minority owned start-up businesses from our four-county area (Charleston, Berkeley, Dorchester, Williamsburg). Eligible residents can apply for business education and training while competing for grant funding. All required application materials must be submitted by 5:00 PM EST, Friday, October 8, 2021, to be considered for a grant award. No late submissions will be accepted.
How the Minority and Women's Grant Program Program works:
- The purpose of the program is to encourage small business start-up/growth, job creation and improve the quality of life for our Minority and Women's Small Business Owners.
- Applications will be evaluated by the Minority and Women's Small Business Initiative Advisory Committee.
- Grants will be awarded and distributed later this year.
Download information on eligibility and required application documents here:
- Minority & Women's Grant Application - 2021
- Minority & Women's Grant Terms & Conditions (including Eligibility Requirements) - 2021
- LEAN Canvas Worksheets
SCORE Charleston has been supporting entrepreneurs and small businesses in the area since 1972. We have many active mentors with skills and experience in diverse areas who give freely of their time, energy and knowledge to help foster vibrant small business communities through mentoring and education.
The generous availability of funds to award as Grants to Minority and Women Owned Businesses is contributed by Truist. Together, we believe it will make an impactful difference to our local small business community.