The mission of the Charleston SCORE Chapter is to provide professional counseling and mentoring to entrepreneurs. Our members are volunteers with knowledge, expertise and a strong desire to see each client succeed. Many of our volunteer members are still operating their own businesses. Member backgrounds include retail, manufacturing, distribution, finance, human resources, insurance, transportation, legal, engineering, and marketing, all representing many different industries. Our Charleston Chapter mentors over 600 new clients each year. Of these, many launch a business each year. SCORE maintains a long term relationship with a business client to support their continuing success.
Some of the notable successes on both the for-profit and non-profit spectrum we have helped start up over the last 35 years are as diverse as the background of our mentors. They include:
- Moo Roo Hand Bags
- Copper Penny Clothing
- China Bistro
- Meals on Wheels
- Pristine Reflections
- Red Orchids
- Darkness to Light
- Judy Hintz Cox, Artist
- Tiger Lilly Florist
- Appalachian Springs Bottled Water
- Charleston Cookie Company
- Dorchester Habitat for Humanity Restore
- Footlight Players, James Island Charter School, East Cooper
Looking to start a business or are already in business and need some assistance? We are confident we can help.
SCORE Community Education
SCORE partners with professionals who are available speak at workshops and to talk to you directly. Our workshop topics have included:
- Are You Ready To Start A Business
- How to Develop a Business Plan for Your Future Success
- Advertising Strategy To Grow Your Business
- Digital Marketing - Using Social Media
- Managing the Financial Requirements of Your Business
- Managing A Family Business
- Using Quickbooks
- Developing A Successful Website
- Search Engine Optimization
If you have interest in a particular topic not offered, we can develop a customized workshop and also hold it at your company location.
Our Main Office is located in North Charleston. We also have remote locations in Summerville and Johns Island by appointment.